Last updated: May 17, 2023
Our website address is: https://pool-guy.ca/
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is only collected when willingly shared by you. The information is gathered when submitted through our website, and may include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Supplemental information
Use of Personal Information
The Pool Guy, located in Roslin, Ontario controls the use of the submitted personal information. This information will be used to:
- Contact you in response to your inquiry
- Provide updates regarding products and services
- Administer the services you have requested
Your information is retained only for as long as required to provide you services. To contact The Pool Guy regarding the information we have, or withdraw information, please send an email to email@example.com. If you are on our mailing list and want to be removed, please unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information will not be sold or rented to any third parties. In the case we need to share your information, it will only be provided:
- To companies contracted to provide support to our business
- To companies contracted to provide support to our clients
- If required by law, or if absolutely necessary to protect our rights, property or the personal safety of others
To learn more about the legal requirements of personal information protection in Canada, visit Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5)
Cookies and Logs
Website data is collected using log files and cookies. Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto your computer, and retrieved by websites. Log files do not include personally identifiable information.
Information collected can include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Pages visited and queries
- Day and time of connection
- Operating system, browser type and version
- Error messages
Cookies and logs are used to:
- Improve the usability of our website
- Personalize your online experience
- Process statistics and data regarding website traffic, through the use of Google Analytics
- Provide relevant advertising
If you have concerns regarding cookies, they can be cleared or turned off in your browser settings. To opt-out of Google Analytics analysis you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Our website includes third party links and embedded content. When you interact with a third party website through embedded content their cookie and privacy policies apply. We cannot control the information that these websites collect.
If you submit a comment on our website we collect the following information:
- Data provided in the comment form (name, email address)
- IP Address (for spam protection)
If you upload an image in the comments section, do not include embedded location data (EXIF GPS).
Comments are subject to approval before being published.
We do our best to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorized access and misuse. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Any information you provide through the website is password protected.
Our website is equipped with an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate which encrypts your data while being transferred.
As technology advances we will continue to update our security strategies appropriately.